Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Small Talk

Yesterday, do you know what I did instead of teaching? I sat in the corner of my room with Raekwon and talked with him about his weekend.
I've talked about Raekwon before (and one day I'll learn to link to previous posts...) He's the one who's two different people.
He was super mega crazy off yesterday. He got suspended, but again, they couldn't get in touch with a parent, so he was sent back to class. Actually, he was pushed into my room by an administrator who then slammed the door in his face. Awesome.
He then proceeds to attempt to fly around my room (arms stretched out and running) all the while shouting at no one "Suck my dick!" "Fuck this shit!" "Sonofabitch!" "Fart Fart Fart Fart" I finally corral him into a seat but he's still spazzing out. I step back into the hallway and say, Uhhhhhh administrator? Looney Tunes over there is really not working out. Since he's already suspended, do you think you could do something with him so I can teach my kids?

"Just ignore him. That's why he's doing it...he wants attention."

I'm sorry, but my couple of sweet, wonderful kids really shouldn't have to try to work through his craziness. They deserve to be in a room without profanity and insanity.

So, my only option was to give him what he wanted--attention. I put the kids to group work and sat down with him. "How was your weekend?" "What'd you do?" "What's your favorite TV show?" And he was calm and collected and talked to me the whole time. He didn't say another curse word or do anything inappropriate. I mean, what else was I supposed to do?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I think you should rename your blog "profanity and insanity."

Just throwin' it out there...