Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Oh, Well, If He SAID So...

So there's the big mystery/drama going down at the school. Someone has paintball pellets, and they are throwing them at people/walls/anything. This person threw one during class change time and hit one of my students in the leg and splattered paint everywhere. I took the evidence to the office and reported the situation.
Principal came around to all the 7th grade classes and bitched them out ("WHEN we find this person, not IF, you will be EXPELLED. If you know who it is, tell them and you can get a reward.etc.,etc.) Nobody said anything. We weren't even 100% sure it was a 7th grader.
Until lunch when somebody threw some more, and only 7th graders were in there. So, we've narrowed it down. During 3rd period, three boys came to me and said, "Ms. Vinson, we don't want the reward or anything, but Quamonta is the one with the paintballs. Don't tell anyone we told you."
So, I go to Principal, tell her what the kids told me.
She calls Quamonta to the office and soon afterward he goes back to class.
I see her in the office this afternoon:

"Well, he said he didn't do it so it wasn't him."

Wow. This detective stuff is way easier than I thought.

2 comments:

kristi noser said...

Seriously, every post makes me open my mouth even wider. I'm gonna have to stop reading your stuff before I develop TMJ.
What. The. Hell.

Miss V said...

sometimes I wonder if I'm on some teacher version of The Truman Show. They can't REALLY think the things are saying make sense, right?