Sometimes I worry that the way I'm teaching something is too simple of a concept for my "advanced" kids. And then there's days like today.
1. 7th graders. We're learning about basic economics concepts. I shudder at the thought of economics. So we're going over the definition and whatnot. I've decided to read them that little kid book "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" to demonstrate the endless cycle of needs/wants of goods/services. They also have to make their own short book with 3 needs, 3 wants, 3 goods, 3 services. It can be about anything. My example was "If you give Ms. Vinson a red pen" (she'll want to grade papers) <-----service! Quick and simple lesson, no? NO! This took the whole period. I mean, they got it and all but it was definitely not too simple. Now excuse me while I go read, "If You Give Tywon Some Deoderant" and "If You Give Ty'keria Some Proactiv."
2. I had to explain to eighth graders that when you double space a paper you are not spacing twice in between each word.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment