My class of 8th graders is a fabulous little group of people. I've always thought so. This class has been roughly the same faces since they were sixth graders together. Over the past three years, we've lost a few and gained a few due to transfers, but the majority of them have been around the whole time. They are and will always be the best class I have ever taught.
Anyway. Today we were talking about the Salem Witch Trials. To prove my point about how ridiculous it all was, I told one half of the class to try and prove I was a witch and the other half of the class to prove I wasn't.
Johnny says, "Of course she's not a witch. If she was a witch, she would have done something to us for getting on her nerves for all these years."
I slowly turned around and said, "And how do you know I haven't? Anybody seen Jamal since sixth grade?"
Chelsea screams, "Oh My God Miss Vinson What Did You Do To Xavier?!"
then Shazmira, "And Arias!"
Tyonna, "She IS wearing black today."
"Tyonna, you're on the side that is supposed to prove I'm NOT a witch."
Tyonna: "Well...can I move?"
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Funny!
You DO go hard all day!
Nice way to engage them in critical thinking skills...
It put me in mind of the witch scene in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU
Hopefully your critical thinking lesson had a better outcome...
Post a Comment