So Ultimate Favorite of All Time child, Taurus, is in 9th grade now. He comes to visit me sometimes, and he asked me to come to his football games. So, me and a few 8th graders and maybe a teacher or two will drive over after-school on Thursdays to watch him and a couple of my other former students play for the high school down the road. Usually the games start at 3:45.
Well, last Thursday, the game started at 3pm. I did not know this, but the high school doesn't get out of school until 3:30. I pulled into the parking lot around 3:10. I got out and so did the two girls who came with me. Well, it was a very nice day and this high school doesn't have air-conditioning. All the windows facing the parking lot were open. All three stories of them.
I start walking towards the field when I hear, from a third floor window, "I LOVE YOU MISS VINSON!" Well, everyone else heard it too...because all the windows were open. I know about 25-30 kids in that school, and apparently all of them took that opportunity to run to the open windows and yell out at me. I'm pretty sure some kids I don't know were yelling too.
Here I am, standing in the parking lot, telling three floors of screaming high schoolers to "Shh!" Finally I just scurried over to the bleachers and tried to hide.
I hope I don't run into one of their teachers around town anywhere. Sorry 'bout that.
Saturday, October 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment