My IST: Bane of my existence.
She comes into my room EVERYDAY to make asinine comments about the work I'm giving my kids, and the way she would do things. Well, if you're so worried about the way you would do it, THEN WHY DON'T YOU GO AHEAD AND DO IT. I could use some more free time.
In one of my less professional moments, I told her to write down all of her suggestions so I could sign the paper saying I received them. I will then NOT implement any of them.
Anyway, today I had this, let's just say, FREAKING AMAZING lesson for my 8th graders. We did an activity where they were trading items to simulate the triangular trade. (Aren't you excited just reading it?! ha.) It sounded like the stock market in my room or something. They were sooo loud, but really into the activity.
Mean IST Lady was walking by, so I go to the door and tell her she should come observe them now, so she can see them really excited about learning something. She huffed and puffed and acted like I was causing her problems by making her observe me. What. She came in and stood in the corner and said, "Yeah. okay." and left. FINE!
She then comes to me later with a whole hoard of books. These are the new 6th grade books, she says. I had no idea I was getting them, and they are completely different from the ones I have now. They also come with workbooks. The workbooks make no sense if you don't have the Teacher's Guide. or an overhead projector. And you guessed it! I have neither. She tells me I can't use the old books anymore.
Um, Wanna bet?
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment