Monday, September 29, 2008

I'm Detecting Stupidity

So, hey. I think I told you that we got a metal detector? We did. It's only on the 8th grade entrance. The one 8th graders come in from 7:45-8:00 a.m. After that they come in the front door, which does not have a metal detector. This was Act of Genius #1. (Obviously the hoodlums will be on time, yes?)
Act of Genius #2 was not even plugging it up for the first month of school. Now we have reached the Ultimate Act of Genius. They turned it on this week. What does that mean? Oh, it just means the on-time 8th graders walk through it while it beeps wildly because they all have metal. Does anyone search them? No. Does anyone even acknowledge that metal has been detected? No. Is any adult even standing any where near this thing? Nope. Sometimes they'll even walk back through it, laughing manically.
Anybody know how much metal detectors cost? I'm guessing I could've bought a book or two instead.

No comments: