Sunday, September 21, 2008

"I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier."

Part of me knows that all this is a sign that it's time to go. I don't deal well with being micro-managed.
However, I really hate change and I really really love my kids. I get upset every time I think about it. I also enjoy the people that I work with (with one GLARING exception).
It just seems so easy because I have an out. So many people I work with have lived here forever, this is where their families are. They have reasons to stay. And a job is a job. But my family is far away. And there are jobs closer.

But this is my career. I like freaking people out with my stories. :) I'm good at working with inner-city kids. I've never really thought I was that great of a teacher, I just know I'm good with kids. So, "regular" school isn't really an option.

I don't have any idea what to do. It'll be hard to stay and hard to let go.


P.S. I'm at Panera and the weirdest thing is happening. This group of a man, a woman and a teenage looking boy all sat down at separate tables, the woman facing the boy, the boy facing the wall and the man facing the inside of the restaurant but with his back to the woman and the boy. I didn't even know they were together but now they are all talking to each other like this is family dinner. Why aren't they sitting together?? People are soooo weird.

No comments: