Okay, raise your hand if you're tired of hearing about my principal.
Oh, well, I can't see you so here's another lovely little anecdote.
Mr. J came to our school last year. He's a cool guy, but he's also the biggest ass-kisser in the history of the world. Principal loved him. She made him into somewhat of an assistant to the assistant principal. He never taught a single class. It was weird. Like he was Rasputin or something. He had unproven amazingness.
This year she made him the 8th grade administrator. Except, wait, he's not an administrator. He's a teacher on a power trip. He's really shady.
Clearly she planned his downfall from the beginning.
Sometimes I think Principal is the smartest person in the world and we are all just puppets in her dramatic As The Middle School Turns TV show.
He was playing chess at 4:30p.m. with another teacher. Read the previous sentence one more time for emphasis. Principal was walking through the hallway and went batshit crazy on him. Why? Who knows. She told him to pack up his office and he's now the computer teacher. No longer the 8th grade administrator. (Again, I will put words in her mouth, but the tone was something like, "I'm making you a teacher, and I think teachers are only a few steps above dog poop.")
That was last Wednesday and he hasn't been back.
I actually get that. The only way you make it in this school is by having people respect you, and he would have ZERO respect from kids if he got put back in the classroom. I mean damn, some of the teachers would probably laugh at him.
But all this because he was playing chess after school?
Oh, and all basketball game days, the coach told all the boys they have to wear ties (and they are so precious!) Principal screamed and yelled because she didn't "Authorize" ties. ties? TIES? You flip out over middle school boys wearing TIES? Somebody needs a hobby.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment