Sunday, August 17, 2008

What If

On Friday, I was attempting to clean up the mess that is my classroom. I painted one of the walls, even. Well, one of my kids was around. Turns out he is out of zone, but principal told him he could stay if he volunteered to help at our school. The boy was there at 7a.m.
I go into the office and principal says, "RonniAndre is here. Make him do work!"
Okay, sweet.
There is only so much work you can find for a highly distractible 12 year old, but he did a good job. However, while he was helping, this is what he talked about:

What if it rained something else?
What if rained money, would you take it?
What if it rained Mountain Dew?
Would you just open your mouth or would you go get cups to fill up?
What if we did all our classwork on Post-its?
What if you had a pencil sharpener that was big as this room?
What if you had a sharpener that could sharpen pens?
What if you painted the room a different color?
What if you had to paint with tiny little paintbrushes?
What if you mixed water and white-out?
What if I took this white-out?
What if pencils were really big?
What if there were no windows?
What if I was in a class with all girls? Can you get me in that class? Only pretty ones...
What if you put paper all over the walls?
What if you took all that paper from the office?
What if I was principal?
What if you was principal?


I'm sure there were others....but I think I blacked out.

No comments: