I got yelled at by administrators. To be fair, I started it...but it was weird. It has been awhile since I've stood in the hallway yelling at an adult.
Every year, the school system asks us to complete Climate Surveys. The teachers, parents and students all fill them out. All the information gets reported to the central office. It's one of those Strongly Agree/Strongly Disagree surveys with questions like, "I feel safe at my school" and "Misbehaving students get away with it."
These things used to just get passed out and returned to the school for the school to turn in...which is clearly asking for inaccurate results. So, now, teachers can complete theirs online and parents can send theirs directly to the central office. The student one, however, still is filled out at school and returned to the main office.
Last period is from 1:30-2:35. At 2:10, a student showed up to my room with a stack of surveys and said the students had to complete them before the end of the day. Being right by the office, I walked over and told an Assistant Principal that we would have to complete ours tomorrow...as we were already in the middle of a lesson and it wouldn't really work out to stop right then.
JUST DO WHAT I SAY. MAKE THEM TAKE THE SURVEY. THEY HAVE TO BE AT CENTRAL OFFICE RIGHT NOW.
I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TEACHING MY STUDENTS.
Just do it really fast.
It's a 55 question survey. That could take a 6th grader more than half an hour.
JUST DO WHAT I SAY.
NO.
OHMYGOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU.
I JUST REALLY WISH TEACHING WAS IMPORTANT HERE.
Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Well, at least the climate is right for learning.
THIS YEAR WAS THE HAPPIEST I'VE EVER BEEN TO GET MY CLIMATE SURVEY LINK. That deserves to be in all capitals.
My grandma used to say. "An emergency on your part does not necessarily constitute an emergency on my part." Maybe it could be your new climate survey slogan?
Post a Comment