Thursday, February 11, 2010

Revisiting the Good Times, Part II



This one is "Prom." I used to have issues with 8th graders having a Prom, and I still get how people would have a problem with it. But very few of my kids went to the same high school together, many of them may not graduate high school or be there for the prom and you know what, sometimes its just okay to have a nice party and let some kids have a good time.

Anyway, I busted my ass for this thing. Other teachers mega slacked off and everything fell on my shoulders. Principal spent a little extra time making hoops for me to jump through (of course), so it's pretty much a miracle that everything worked out.


The kids said they loved it. Another middle school was having a prom in the next ballroom, and those kids kept trying to come to ours because they said it was better. WIN.










2 comments:

erin said...

Are these MIDDLE-SCHOOLERS on growth hormones??

Anyway, you are an awesome teacher, Heather. They're so blessed to have you busting your ass for them.

the fam said...

Exactly my thought Erin. I did not ever (nor do I now, come to think of it) look that "mature" in the eighth grade. Maybe I am growth hormone inhibited.