Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Really Hate When People Don't Update Their Blogs

I've been super blah about school lately.
Our standardized tests are coming up in the middle of March, so IST is back on my case. I'm not allowed to teach any Social Studies, only MSA Prep. Awesome. I don't know if you know this, but I can teach "main idea" and "elements of a narrative" using social studies material.
UNACCEPTABLE!
This is a hypothetical of my life for the past 2 weeks:
"Hello, class. Today we are going to learn about Algebraic Functions. But instead of teaching you algebraic functions, I'm going to give you a test on Algebraic Functions. And after you all fail that, tomorrow I will give you another test. I will then go over test taking strategies such as 'do not spend too much time on any one problem' and 'do not make random guesses.' I will proceed to do this for the next three weeks until the Very Big Important Test takes place, giving no consideration to the fact that you are confused or dying of boredom. On that day, I will feed you crackers and demand silence so that you can finally pass your test. Any questions?"

It's draining me.

No comments: