Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bingo Caller $19,000

So, one of my favorite lessons of the year is when we first start economics (I know, right.) I make them draw careers out of a hat and do a personal budget. People like my IST hate this type of lesson because the kids get really loud and its not actually in my curriculum (yes, I'm a horrible person.)
BUT if they would take a second to actually listen to what the kids are being so loud about, it's freaking hilarious.

"I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS!!!!"

"That's it. Ramen noodles for everybody."

"I'm a DOCTOR!!! TAKE THAT BITC-oh, I apologize for cursing miss vinson."

(a note written on one of the budget sheets): I don't have to pay rent because Rasheed said I could live with him so I could eat.

THEN, out of another hat, I make them draw situations like, "The refridgerator broke, $500." A few of them are pretty minor, "School Field Trips, $15 per kid"

"Ain't NOBODY in THIS HOUSE going on NO FIELD TRIP. I got bills to pay!"

No comments: