Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just Another Manic Tuesday

1. Walking up to the 2nd floor before 3rd period, I heard a whole bunch of screaming. As I came up the stairs, I saw about 75 kids standing around looking into Room 204. I saw the gym teacher pushing kids out of the way. He went into the room and slammed the door. The kids all stampeded in all different directions.
The teacher in that room had been hit with a chair. He had blood all over his face, his clothes and the floor.
He is the 5th teacher (that I know of) to be physically assaulted this year. We've ALL been verbally assaulted, some on a daily basis.

2. Later on, there was a student fight. Everyone in my last period class brought "souvenirs": hair weave that got ripped out and was laying on the floor.

3. I now teach 2 periods of math. Each class has 6 kids. It is the 6 kids that another math teacher simply can't handle. There have been days when my entire class was suspended.

4. Since my new classes are so small, they gave my room to another teacher. I carry around a milk crate with my belongings. Why don't I get a freakin' shopping cart?

5. My formal observation was today. I have to teach in empty classrooms that I have to look for. I have to teach math. I have to teach kids that no one else can control. I had to start these things more than halfway through the year.
I HOPE she says something negative to me.

No comments: