Thursday, February 7, 2008

Nonsense (cont'd)

Alright, so the science teacher finally showed up.

I spent most of today wandering the hallways and taking kids to the classes they were skipping.

I ended up having to keep like 5 kids in my room after they'd gotten in trouble and had nowhere to go. They were doing an art project for me and were just sitting there quietly.

So one of the vice-principals decided that I should be in charge of a small self-contained class of all the nutsos. I'll just keep them all day and teach them things they aren't learning in their real class. Well, okay, that is partially awesome. EXCEPT, if they think I can do that alone, they are severely overestimating my abilities. Just because I can get them to sit down and do art doesn't mean I can teach them how to read. And why would I be left with the worst of the worst with no help whatsoever? And ALL DAY LONG? Wow. Just wow.

No comments: