Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I don't even know where to start!*

Today was absolutely insane. I don't know why, but it seemed like somebody flipped a switch and everybody lost their mind.
I've been thinking about it a lot lately. I really feel like these children have no idea how to deal with any emotion whatsoever. Anger, happiness, sadness, grief. They've just never learned what to do and when.
At 8:30a.m. some boy that I don't know was just running up and down the hallway screaming, "Fuck you, bitch!" over and over again. I have no idea why.
Later on, Xavier told another teacher that he would kill him.
At lunch, Tashawna and Tonia got into a fight and some of the other kids started a food fight. After lunch in the office, Tonia saw Tashawna and started hitting her again. They broke a table in the office and knocked over some parents who were in there. After we separate them AGAIN, I find out that Tashawna is pregnant. (The father is a 17 yr old who already has 3 other children!!!) Tashawna sees some girls in the hallway and screams at them because she thinks they are talking about her. I leave her in the office to make those girls go to class. When I turn the corner ANOTHER fight breaks out between two boys. Once THAT one gets broken up, Tashawna has ran out of the office and is running around the building looking for Tonia. The school police officers catch up to her and she goes INSANE. Screaming, yelling, fighting, cursing, kicking, punching. She ended up getting arrested.
AND THEN!!! Tonia is back in the office. Tonia's aunt (a grown woman!) comes up to the school and gets Tonia's 6th grade sister out of class. She starts screaming at our principal about how Tashawna is a slut and a bitch and how she will kill her. Tonia, Kea and the aunt all sneak out of the office and start walking around the building looking for Tashawna. I finally see them and tell them that Tashawna has left. I walk them to the exit door.
All of a sudden, 3 boys come at full speed to the door and run out. One of them, Deondre, is just out of jail. Today was his first day back (after his 2nd jail stint.) He just got placed in a group home. I go back into the office to tell them these boys left, and they say "okay."

Maybe we should just end the week now?

*I apologize for any and all grammatical errors.

No comments: