I let the kids go at 2:35. I was in my room getting some stuff together for a field trip, and about 30 kids come back into my room saying, "We can't leave. They won't let us leave." We hung out for like 10 minutes, then the school secretary came over the intercom and said for us all to report to the auditorium. There we sat for about half an hour after school.
Why? At the street over from us, there were about 10 police snipers stationed outside of a house. I don't know the whole story (It didn't even make the news!) but I heard some man had hostages in the house.
So my after-school activity was teaching 11 year olds what the word "sniper" means. While we were in the auditorium, principal screamed and blew a whistle--they had to be totally silent. 400 middle schoolers--DON'T EVER TALK OR YOU GET SUSPENDED. Why not?
Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment