Soooooooooo.....
Our new school is a "Turnaround" school. So far ain't a damn thing been turned around. We were told two weeks ago what our grade assignments were. Today we were told something different and "it may change again, heh heh. You never know, heh heh. You get what I'm sayin' heh heh. Be flexible people." Awesome.
Thank GOODNESS I went in last week (on my own free time) to get my desks out of my old room. Because apparently there aren't enough desks and chairs to go around. Lots of people spent the entire day looking for desks and chairs. The teacher next door to me has ONE HUNDRED BOXES of books in her room that no one will claim responsibility for. She's just sitting in there wondering when she'll be able to put her room together.
Because for the next TWO DAYS we have to go to worthless, worthless Professional Development out of the building. As in, I teach Ancient History but I have to go to a 3 hour Professional Development on one Supreme Court Case (Tinker v. Des Moines). In fact, there aren't even enough Social Studies PD's to last all of both days, so I was told I have to sign up for "something, anything. You just can't come in this building tomorrow or Wednesday." So I'm going to something targeted at Special Educators.
Somehow ALL of my posters got thrown away. Five years worth of me making posters...gone. Very depressing. I might have cried a little.
They told me two weeks ago I was teaching 6th grade. I was SOO HAPPY to have only one grade level. I haven't had one grade level since my first year! It was such a relief! When am I going to learn that never lasts? They told us today that my team will "more than likely" teach 6th and 7th grade....when we will know for sure, they don't know. This is my conversation with new assistant principal:
"Yeah, more than likely both grades....is everyone on your team, like, heartbroken?"
"Yeah, pretty much."
"Well, tell them to get over it. It's only TWO preps. Do you know how many preps I had when I was teachin?!"
"No, but I had four last year....We were just so relieved this year to not have all that extra work. And now, well, we're not relieved anymore."
"Well, it's only two and that's not something you should complain about."
So, that's great. I'm really excited to have yet another administrator who dismisses my concerns because of "all they went through" as a teacher. Because it sucked for you it should suck for me?
My new classroom has basically been a dumping ground for the past two years. I found 5 computer monitors and over 100 random books. It was like that show, "Hoarders."
This does not bode well.
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment