Well, tomorrow I'm off to a conference. The people that took over our school have a national conference here in Baltimore and we've been asked to attend. I'm going to sessions entitled "Parent and Community Involvement for Student Success" (WHAT?! That is so crazy! Who knew...) and "A Curriculum of Engagement."
I'm trying to hold back on the cynical and bitter part of being a teacher in this city and trying to keep some of the hope that these people will help us...but it's not looking good.
After the two day conference, we have to go to a week and a half of professional development. I'll keep you updated.
In other news, they've hired us a new principal and assistant principal. I've met neither one of these people and nobody knows anything about them. What I've found out so far is that both have served as principals in other Baltimore City Schools for ONE YEAR TOTAL. (Which makes me wonder, if they are any good, why didn't their school keep them?) I've been told they are very young.
It's not looking good, friends.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment