So remember I said the school is getting taken over and 50% or more of the staff will be fired and we all had to re-apply for our jobs? Yep.
Well, this whole time I was kind of "SCREW THAT!" I'm not going to spend my evening writing a resume and doing a 30 minute interview for a job I already have when you can walk into my classroom anytime you wish and see me doing my job. So everybody was running around all panicked like, "Have you sent in your resume? Are you staying? What are you going to do?"
I said from the jump that I wanted to stay out of simple laziness. But said laziness is also keeping me from actively trying to stay (read: sending in my resume.)
ANYWAYZ.
Got this email Sunday morning:
Dear Ms. Vinson:
I am writing to invite you to continue as a member of the faculty of William C. March Middle School as a social studies teacher. My colleagues and I have had an opportunity to review your work at March, and we feel strongly that you are an asset to the school, and will be a valuable member of the March/Talent Development Middle Grades (TDMG) team that will be responsible for improving academic achievement for all March students.
etc. etc. and so forth.
I send out a mass text, wondering what the hell is going on. Out of about 45 people, I know of 7 who got this email. Seven! And definitely not the seven I would have picked had I ventured to guess. I have NO CLUE how we were chosen, but it's like some mind game. It's not anywhere near a, "Oh, well of course the best seven teachers were chosen." It is more of a,"Well, I can see that one, but that one? That surprises me. And what about that one instead of that other one? That makes no sense."
I really hope they didn't base their entire decision on what they saw that ONE DAY they came of observe us. That would make them huge idiots.
Either way, this divide has made it kind of awkward around the school.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Two thoughts:
1. I'll BET it's awkward around there.
2. Makes you wonder who's sleeping with who.
(Whom?)
AAACCKK. I was NOT thinking about anybody sleeping with anybody else...but now I am. :(
Procrastination and stubbornness totally won. Awesome!
Congratulations???
Post a Comment