Monday, August 31, 2009

My New Best Friend

So today was the first day of school. woo, yay, etc.
I hate the first day of school with all the talking and the kids just staring at you. There really isn't much to say about it. But today I made a friend. All because I am badass.
His name is Walter. He is 8th grade and I don't teach him. But I saw him in the hallway. He was saying to his friends/self/imaginary friend, "Fuck that, man." I said,"Excuse me, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't curse around me."
Walter: Whatever, yo.
Me: I'm not a 'yo.'
Walter: Man, get out my fuckin face.
Me: I'm not a man either.
Walter: Alright, Alright. Can you leave me alone?
Me: If you can say that you won't curse around me anymore.
Walter: Alright, alright,whatever.
Me: Okay. I'm Ms. Vinson, what's your name?
Walter: Walter.
Me: Hi, Walter. What school did you come from?
Walter: Well, I was at (random school) but then I got moved to [the alternative school] in the middle of last year.
Me: Oh, [the alternative school]? Then you must know alante (last name)?
Walter: Oh yeah. We're tight.
(I guess at this point, Walter thought I would be impressed or scared that he knows alante--a kid who got thrown out of our school last year. But, more importantly, is one of my top 5 favorite kids ever.)
Me: Well, you know he's my son, right?
Walter:(incredulous) seriously?
Me: Yeah, I love that kid. Ask him. He calls me Ma.
Walter: for real?
Me: Yeah, well, I'll see you later Walter.
Walter: Okay, bye Ms. Vinson, have a nice day.

I saw him three more times and every time he waved and said, "Hey Ms. Vinson!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Certified Bad Ass.