Sunday, May 3, 2009

Blowin' Smoke

1. I walked into the office and the secretary told me that Deonte was in trouble, he was allegedly smoking weed in the bathroom. She asked me to go ask him if it was true.

He was sitting in a chair in Principal's back office. I didn't go all the way in, I just kind of stood at the doorway and whispered his name. He looked up, and I mouthed to him, "were you smoking?" and made the "smoking" motion with my hand.

His answer:

"Um, ehh...not reaaally."

2. Rakeem came into class with his eyes half closed. I asked him if he was okay,and he said, "Ehh, heh, heh, yeaaaah. Do you have anything to eat?"
Riiiight. I sent him down the hall to another teacher, who just so happens to be his uncle. "Rakeem is looking a little funny today."
Rakeem comes back to me after school to tell me that it was his allergies that made him act that way. "Yeah, that would be a fantastic excuse if it didn't take you FOUR HOURS to come up with it."

No comments: