skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Random Updates
- Tomorrow we are going to an amusement park. Wish me luck!
- For some reason, I've been put in charge of hiring teachers for next year. I've already done two interviews. It's way better to be on the other side of the table, but it's weird to be interviewing some people who have been teaching longer than I have. I also see that it's not really about what you say, but how you act. You can really just tell. But, what the hell? Why am I the hiring committee?!
- I forgot one thing about the DC trip: In ther Air and Space Museum, I had to stop my group of boys from trying to fight some man because they "didn't like how he was looking at you, Miss Vinson!" Aw, so sweet. I have my very own posse.
- Trevon's coming back Monday. He is the student who was suspended for 30 days for making people try to fight Taurus. Last year, his father was killed. Ever since then, it has almost been like he's trying to emulate his gangbanging father. He used to be sweet and funny and goofy. Now he fights and orders fights and beats up junkies on the street.
- Shannon is one of my favorites. She's a huge smartass and freaking hilarious. She told me the other day that ever since her cousin died, she doesn't care about anything, much less living or dying. She doesn't care about school, about other people, about anything, what's the point? I literally choked up talking to her. The simple fact that a 12 year old is already so beat down by life is almost too much to take. The next day she got caught with a knife. She carries it in her backpack because people try to jump her at the bus stop on her way home. I probably won't ever see her again.
2 comments:
wow. WHY are you hiring other teachers?!
who the hell knows.
Post a Comment