So, since I don't really have a job anymore, I have to do every random thing in the building. Today, there was a boy who's been in jail that needed to come take the Standardized Tests. Apparently, he's been enrolled in our school the whole year, just in jail the whole time. I'd never even heard of him (and I know Everyone.)
His name is Darnell and he has tattoos all over his arms that look homemade. He would barely speak. I guess because he is not used to the quiet, he kept falling asleep. I asked him if he wanted some food to wake him up a little. He said no. I went and got the food anyway. By the time I handed the food to him, walked to the trash can and back, he had eaten almost everything. I went downstairs and got him some more. He really tried on his test. But he's missed a year of school, who knows how much sleep and he's starving.
Sometimes I just want to bring them all home with me.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment